For interesting information on flowers, trees and plants please click on this link: http://natureswow2.blogspot.com/

For the identification of insects and other fauna and flora of South Africa: please click on the following links:
Insects and related species: Antlions - Ants - Bees - Beetles - Bugs - Butterflies, Moths and Caterpillars - Centipedes and Millipedes - Cockroaches - Crickets - Dragonflies and Damselflies - Grasshoppers and Katydids - Mantis - Stick Insects - Ticks and Mites - Wasps - Woodlice
Plants, Trees, Flowers: (Note: Unless plants fall into a specific species such as Cacti, they have been classified by their flower colour to make them easier to find) Bonsai - Cacti, Succulents, Aloes, Euplorbia - Ferns and Cycads - Flowers - Fungi, Lichen and Moss - Grass - Trees
Animals, Birds, Reptiles etc.: Animals, Birds, Fish and Crabs - Frogs - Lizards - Scorpions - Snails and Slugs - Snakes - Spiders - Tortoise, Turtles and Terrapins - Whipscorpions
Other photography: Aeroplanes - Cars and Bikes - Travel - Sunrise - Water drops/falls - Sudwala and Sterkfontein Caves etc.
Videos: YouTube

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Walk 18/4 - Part 3

Reaching the top of the hill I had a lovely view of the countryside. So many of the trees here are evergreen.
Oh good!! A bug!! Can you see it??
Alright, here is a close-up for you. :) It is a newly hatched stink bug. He looks just like the berries he is on and easy to miss.
Some more of the rocks which were spectacular. I was going to crop this ang tell you it was a rock face I scaled. LOL!! If I had taken out the grass behind, you would have believed me but to tell the truth, I have never gone rock climbing and would not even know where to begin. I think I will stick to my walks. :)
This one had the most interesting pattern in it and I wonder what caused it?
More beautiful colors. If they were not so big and heavy, I would have taken some of them home and made a rock garden.
Then it happened!! I was walking along, minding my own business when all of a sudden I felt this grip around my foot and ankle!! I was terrified!! Should I look down and see what it is? Should I try to shake it off and run like hell?? All these thoughts and more flashed across my mind. I glanced down and found it was only a pice of branch I had stepped on and it had caught around my ankle!! Phew!! LOL!!
An interesting beetle which I also cannot find. At first I though it may be one of the scarbs but on closer inspection, I see it is not. It is small, about 1/4 of an inch in bdy length.

No comments: